Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2022

My "To Finish" Book Stack

 


This month I decided I needed to tackle the stack of books I have that I have neglected to finish. You may be wondering "Didn't you stop reading them because you didn't like them?" And the answer to that question is actually, no. I really enjoyed these books. My stopping reading them really had nothing to do with the books themselves at all. 

For some, some other book popped up and I started reading that instead. For others, the books I had to read for class were unfinished and I no longer had time for pleasure reading. So, one after another, these books were set to the side and left unfinished. The stack just kept growing and I'm sure I have even more of them back in Texas. 

However, I started each of these books because I wanted to read them. (And honestly, I'm not really the type to DNF. I'm stubborn and even the really hard books I feel like I have to finish. It's just how my brain works, no shame to those who do DNF books). I want to finish these books because I know they're important, or I know I liked them, or whatever other reason. 

So this month, I'm going to try tackling at least a couple of these books so I can feel better about bringing myself into even more debt by purchasing more brand-new books that I do not need. I hope to finish at least three of these books this month, but I also want to get to my actual TBR pile. Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...