Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Update On Me

I haven't been reading quite as much as usual because I have been somewhat busy. I'm getting ready to return home from college. I have to get rid of some things in my dorm for my drive home, I'm looking for summer jobs, and I'm trying to get experience editing. Also, it's getting closer to finals so I have a lot of school work to do in these upcoming weeks. 

I am still reading. I have an advanced reader copy I'm reading. I am looking over a manuscript for an author. I'm doing a buddy read with my boyfriend (we're close to being done but he is a slow reader). 

I am also on a book buying ban right now which is going okay. I definitely need to not buy any books at all these last four weeks that I am up at school. I have a pretty small car so I can't fit too much in it. 

I have some big reading plans for the summer. In May, I am doing a group read of The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon. I also want to tackle the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas. I want to read the Throne of Glass series by the same author as well as Cresent City.  I want to read the Padme trilogy as well. I have always been a Star Wars fan, but especially Padme so I was super excited to learn about this book. I do have a few other advanced reader copies that I need to get through this summer. 

I am planning on starting a book Youtube account this summer as well. I'm planning to do book reviews, more extensive look-throughs of my annotations, and book ASMR. Depending on how this goes I may also start a book review podcast. It's just a lot that I want to do. 

I have created accounts on Fiverr and Reedsy for book editing so if anyone is interested let me know. I'm also on the lookout for editorial internships or assistant jobs so I can get more experience. 

I have already applied to quite a few jobs which is pretty tiring because there are cover letters to write and lots of information to fill out. However, it gets me excited about my future. 

I am getting ready to go into my last semester of college in the fall. This is very intimidating because I'm really not sure what I want to do with my life. I know I'm interested in working with books. I'm considering either library school or taking some editing courses. Let me know if you have any advice. 

Happy reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...