Pages

Monday, August 8, 2022

Review: The Trouble With Tink by Kiki Thorpe

 


I had some of the Pixie Hollow books as a kid, however, I gave them away to younger cousins and family friends. I never did get to read this particular book as I didn't have all of them. 

I decided to read this after I saw a Tiktoker reviewing it. This book is super short and a very quick read. There is something very comforting about reading something that you enjoyed as a child. The story is simple with simple endings and problems. I find it very comforting. 

After a long day of work, it's nice to read about Tinker Bell and her friends. Also, it is written really well. I think I often expect books meant for children and teens to be written poorly, but that is an unfair assumption. 

I will say this was a fun read and I did purchase the second book. 

I don't believe there are any content warnings to consider as it is a book intended for young people. StoryGraph does not have any content warnings available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...