Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Review: The Missing Sister by Elle Marr Narrated by Sarah Naughton


 

As always, Elle Marr never fails to impress and her narrator is excellently selected. 

The Missing Sister is about twin sisters. Shayna flies to Paris when she finds out her sister Angela is dead and she has to identify the body. When she gets to Paris, she finds Angela's boyfriend, Seb, who is desperate to find her. Shayna goes to her sister's apartment where a note written in their secret twin language reveals that her sister is not dead and she should trust no one. Shayna begins trying to figure out what exactly happened to her sister and finds herself on a wild goose chase as her sense of reality deteriorates. 

This book is fascinating. The clues left for Shayna leave her questioning how well she knows her sister. It's also interesting to read about someone trying to solve a mystery when they are in a country they are unfamiliar with and have very limited ability with the native language. These facts force Shayna to go against her sister's wishes and talk to strangers with the help of different interpreters. She finds herself trying to figure out who exactly she is supposed to not trust. 

I found myself wondering if Angela really was alive or if she had since been killed after writing the note. I was also questioning Shayna's grasp on reality as she became more desperate and more sleep deprived. I think we all can understand the desperation of trying to figure out how to save someone we love. 

If you're looking for a mystery, I highly recommend checking this book out. Elle Marr is an extremely talented writer and quickly becoming one of my favorites. I will say, I am sadly caught up on all her current works. The narration in this audiobook is well done. It was a thoroughly enjoyable read and one I recommend. 

As always, be sure to check content warnings. There are descriptions of corpses, kidnapping, sex trafficking, and more present in this book. Please check StroyGraph for a more comprehensive list of possible content warnings. Happy reading and see you soon. 

Also, feel free to share any recommendations for audiobooks as I am looking for new ones at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...