Pages

Monday, October 17, 2022

Review: The Princess and the Scoundrel by Beth Revis


 

Here's another book my boyfriend and I read together. He's a big fan of the Star Wars books and I am obsessed with the books about Padme. I grew up watching Star Wars as a little girl, so the stories have always held a special place in my heart. Let me say this first, if you and your partner are readers, I highly recommend reading books together. There's just something really nice about enjoying the same story. We don't always have to be in the same room when we're reading it, but it's nice to hear each other's thoughts on what is happening later on. (I did also learn that my boyfriend reads slightly faster than me. My competitive side is a little hurt by this.) 

The Princess and the Scoundrel is about Han Solo and Princess Leia. The two get married at the beginning of the book (the descriptions seem so lovely) and then embark on a honeymoon cruise. It's interesting to see Han and Leia's relationship dynamic in a more in-depth view than portrayed in the movies. I was always somewhat skeptical about their relationship, they're both so headstrong, and I was even at the beginning of the book, but there's a lot of growth. I liked watching the two of them learn how to function as a part of a couple (although it's probably best to do that before getting married). 

The descriptions of the settings in this book are absolutely breathtaking. I loved reading about the ship, the Ewok village, and the ice planet they visit. Also, for those who are concerned about a Star Wars romance book, worry not, it's Han and Leia, of course, there's going to be action. I highly recommend checking this book out if you like Star Wars and want to see a closer look at Han and Leia's relationship. It was a pretty fun read. For those of you wondering, my boyfriend enjoyed the book as well. He gave it a five out of five and texted me plenty of times about how sweet Han is to Leia. 

I would say the content warnings for this book are pretty minimal. There's war, mentions of death, kissing, and sexual implications (most likely someone under 14 would not be able to tell what was happening). As always, I suggest checking StoryGraph although the warnings there are limited as well. 

Happy reading and I hop you're enjoying the fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...