Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Review: Debate and Decadence by Sula Sullivan


 

This book is a quick cozy read set in a fantasy world where a witch and a demon fall in love. The book starts with Amaya, a reclusive witch living happily in her home in the woods with occasional visits to the city. Later, Rue, a demon city girl, comes knocking on her door to avoid marrying her cousin and because she believes Amaya is her fated mate. Amaya is reluctant to let this woman in, but Rue doesn't give her much of a choice. The two begin binding as Amaya teaches Rue about living in the woods and Rue fills Amaya in on the happenings of the wealthy. 

It's a classic grumpy sunshine type of book with a very wholesome sapphic relationship. This is a spice-free book so it has some kissing and implied intimacy. I loved the whimsical atmosphere of the woods and the fantasy creatures present in this book. Amaya's home seemed so cozy and I'm honestly jealous I don't live there. Right now the book is available on Kindle Unlimited for those interested, but you can also purchase a physical copy or ebook if you don't have that subscription. I think this is the perfect read for those looking to have a little bit of cute relaxation during this busy time of year. 

The content warnings on StoryGraph are at present very minimal, but given the lighthearted nature of the story, I don't think there was much to be aware of. The StoryGraph page mentions blood and bullying as possible content warnings to be aware of. I really recommend checking this book out if you're looking for a good witchy sapphic read. 

As always, happy reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...