Pages

Friday, February 25, 2022

Recent Read: Court by Tracy Wolff

 


First off, no, just no. Just kidding, but that seems to be one of Grace's catchphrases and it never fails to make me laugh. It feels so cheesy but is also exactly the kind of thing I would say as a high school student. 

I first started the Crave series back in November. I was absolutely obsessed, devouring the first three in two months. To be honest, they're what got me back into reading. For me, they feel like I'm back in middle school falling in love with books all over again. 

Court is the fourth book in the Crave series and my boyfriend got it for me the day it came out. Now, it wasn't my favorite of the series, that title goes to Crush because I absolutely love Hudson and enjoyed getting to know him. However, Court was fantastic. 

I was, of course, happy that my own theories were proved true in this book. (There's really nothing like being right). What I really liked though, was all the learning Grace did in this book. She's still our frustrating jump-into-things-without-really-thinking girl, but she learned a lot about being more dependent on her friends instead of just herself. I also really appreciated how she came into her power and her confidence in this book. My inner teenage me was screaming with joy and pumping her fists. 

Overall, it was a really fun read. It was hard at times and I found myself cursing in frustration, but I enjoyed the book and flew through it. If you haven't read the others, I definitely recommend doing so because this series is honestly one of the best I've read and I wish it had been available to me when I was a teenager. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...