Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2022

The Books That Made Me

 Here is a simple list of the books that made me fall in love with reading. 

  • The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa (if you like young adult, faeries, romance, etc then I highly recommend. I started these in 4th grade and it's what hooked me on reading)
  • The Giver books by Luis Lowry (my overall favorite is Gathering Blue. These books are good if you like dystopian. I read these in elementary/middle school during summer break from my local library)
  • The Color Purple by Alice Walker (I absolutely loved this book and read it around 12 or 13 which is probably not a great age to read it, but it was such a beautiful book) 
  • I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou (first of all, I absolutely adore Maya Angelou and I've now read this book three times. I first read it in 7th grade then again in 12th and in college)
  • Fried Green Tomatoes at Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flag (this book was my absolute favorite book for a very long time. I read it in middle school and even wrote a song inspired by it) 
  • The Hunger Games books by Suzanne Collins (I read this book in 4th grade and even dressed up at school for the premier, which I did not attend) 
  • The Twilight books by Stephanie Meyer (I read these in middle school, but I will say I'm not a strong supporter of getting young people to read it as I think it can create some inappropriate relationship expectations. However, I am a fan for life, but a strong critic of Meyer) 
  • The Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking (I read these in middle school and let me just say it was a lot of spice for young Zoe. I loved these books so much and recently bought all of them in one book. They're fun and I highly recommend) 
  • The Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr (another one of those book series I read over the summer at my local library in middle school. I loved, and love anything fairies so I was absolutely obsessed) 
  • Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson (oh, my heart. This book was so beautiful and sad, I read it in high school) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...