Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Review: Barbarian Lover by Ruby Dixon

 



Honestly, these books are my comfort books. Something about the sci-fi, romance, smut mix just makes the happy chemicals in my brain go off. I'm really hoping more of the new artsy covers come out so I can have the whole collection. Also, after I finished this one, I went on a whole Ruby Dixon dive in kindle unlimited and saw that she is really hooking her readers up. I'm pretty sure all of her books are available if you have a kindle unlimited subscription. I really hope that all the books that I read on kindle unlimited don't impact my mom's Amazon account (sorry, Mom). 

I have actually read an Ice Planet Barbarians book every month this year. I really don't want to binge them because I know I will be sad when I am finished and I like to save them for when I really need a pick me up. I do already have the 4th book downloaded though so it's ready to go when I am. 

This book follows the story of Kira and Aehako. Let me add if you look up the fanart like I did (I was having trouble imagining the shell in her ear) you will find so much adorable IPB content. Kira is the original girl to be outside the stasis pods when the humans are abducted. This is why she has an earpiece that allows her to understand alien languages. We don't see a ton of Kira other than in the first book when the girls are on the ship. This of course makes sense as the focus of each book is the couples. 

Kira has a secret that she doesn't want to share with everyone else because she fears it will get her kicked out of the tribe. She knows that this secret is the reason she has not resonated (found a mate) yet. However, that doesn't stop flirty, funny Aehako from pursuing her. He's made up his mind that Kira is his, even if his khui (it's a parasite) hasn't figured it out yet. However, as the aliens that abducted them are coming back, Kira, Aehako, Harlow, and Haedan have to go to the ancestral cave to figure out how to protect the rest of the tribe. 

So far this is my favorite couple, but I do say that with every book. It's also the spiciest book so far (I also say that with each of these). 

If you like sci-fi, romance, hot blue aliens, and spice, you need to check out Ice Planet Barbarians. There is a reason it is so highly reviewed on Booktok. 

I will say that these books are not for everyone. If you do not like pregnancy tropes, this is a book to skip out on as the whole point of the resonance is to reproduce. I will also as always recommend checking out StoryGraph for more detailed content warnings. 

Overall, this is one of my favorite series and my comfort series. I will be reading the 4th book soon (probably in April) and will update when I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...