Pages

Monday, March 28, 2022

Review: Silk Hills by Brian Level, Ryan Ferrier, and Kate Sherron

 


I received this book as a digital advanced reader copy from NetGalley. To be honest, I was surprised to be accepted to read it as I am pretty new to NetGalley. 

I was initially drawn to the book because of the cover which looks very disturbing. This is a graphic novel depicting a creepy story about a small town named Silk Hills. (And for fans of the Mothman, you might want to check this out). 

Overall, the story is pretty simple, a woman moves there to help with the investigation of a missing boy and gets wrapped up in the creepy mess that is in the town. This book was definitely disturbing. There is a lot of body horror and just general creepy gore. I was shuddering throughout the book. 

The art in this book is perfect for the theme of the story. It's early, confusing, and disturbing. There's just a general discomfort when you go into reading it. It's definitely not the most riveting story, but it's good if you want something simple and creepy. 

This book comes out on May 24th of this year. Be sure to check it out when it's released. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...