Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Review: An Unthinkable Think Nicole Lundrigan

 


This book comes out today! Be sure to check it out. 

I read this as an advanced reader copy through Netgalley. This book is wonderfully written. I was engaged pretty much the second I started reading and Lundrigan did not lose my attention for the rest of the story. This book follows Thomas, an 11-year-old boy whose life has been changed completely following a tragedy involving his aunt. He moves in with his mother who lives in a huge house owned by this rich family. Thomas imagines grandeur but is disappointed by what he finds. 

I liked that there were police reports/ court recordings in between every few chapters. This made the mystery more interactive. As I was reading the story, I would get a police report and try to put together what had happened. These police reports are in the future from what I was currently reading, so I hadn't seen and experienced what Thomas had at that point. It was interesting trying to figure out what happened and the motives of the other characters. 

It's also interesting looking through the eyes of a child. Thomas doesn't understand everything that is being told to him, as an adult I can understand some, but it's harder to piece together. Another thing is, that Thomas is just a really good person. He cares about the people that he is interacting with. 

This book is really interesting and captivating. I was making conclusions before I finished it, so I was surprised by the ending completely. It's horrible what happened, but I think the victims of the murder got what they deserved. 

I will say that there are a lot of content warnings in this book. Unfortunately as of now, I am the only one who added them on StoryGraph. There is death, violence, hinted domestic abuse, infidelity, rape, possible rape of a child/teenager by an adult, car accidents, drug abuse, and that's all I can remember. As more people read the book, it is likely more warnings will be uploaded to StoryGraph. 

I highly recommend this book if you like murder mysteries and darker stories. It held my attention and was a pretty fast read for me. It does come out today, so be sure to give the author some love and get your copy. 

You can get your copy on AmazonBarnes and NobleThriftbooks, as well as many other retail locations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...