Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2022

April Reading Wrap-Up

 

(Image from my StoryGraph statistics) https://app.thestorygraph.com/


To be honest, April wasn't great for me as far as reading goes. I only finished 4 books. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. I finished so many more books last month so I was expecting to at least finish 6. The books I did read were all very good though. 


Shay With Me by Lily Courtade 

This is a book about older lesbians who finally realize they're in love after being friends for many years. I really enjoyed this book as it was very sweet and showed what older people should have in love. I do think a lot happened in this book which was a little much for me, but I still really enjoyed this book. You can find it on Amazon. 


The Dragon's Bride by Katee Robert 

This is one of the books that I was eagerly awaiting publication. It's about a woman who signs a deal with a demon to escape her abusive husband and finds herself married to a dragon-man. This book is sexy and romantic. I absolutely loved it. This book is transitioning to Kindle Unlimited soon, but will still be available to buy as a physical copy. If you like monster romance, I highly recommend it. Katee Robert is a fantastic writer. 


An Unthinkable Thing by Nicole Lundrigan

This is about a young boy who moves in with his mother at her housekeeping job after his aunt is killed. He grows close to the family but finds they are not what they seem. I loved the use of court records and police reports added to the book. It made it so much more interesting and intriguing. I was not prepared for the ending at all. 


My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell 

This book is about a teenage girl who starts a relationship with her teacher while at boarding school. It goes back in forth between 2017, her current day, and the times she was growing up dealing with her relationship. It looks at abuse and dealing with grooming as an adult. It is definitely a difficult read but one that I'm glad I picked up. 


I'm hoping to finish more books this month and am almost done with my first read of the month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...