Pages

Monday, May 23, 2022

How I Find Lesser Known Books

 In the time of technology and social media, books can spread like wildfire. Most people have heard of James Patterson, J.K. Rowling, Sarah J. Maas, Colleen Hoover, Brandon Sanderson, etc. Some of these authors were even popular before social media was as it is today. Social media can be really beneficial when used correctly and can significantly increase the sale of books. 

However, some books can be swept under the rug as more popular books spread across the internet. Some readers don't like reading books that everyone is talking about. So how do we find lesser-known books in the 2020s? 

Personally, I recommend going to bookstores or libraries. Looking through the shelves helps me find books that I never would have known about. I pick up books with pretty covers and read the descriptions. Unfortunately, I often gravitate toward books I see on Tiktok or Instagram. This can be frustrating because I feel like I'm missing out on books I would really like. 

When I was a kid, I would go to the library and pick stacks of books to read over summer break. I never knew if the books were popular, I just knew they were interesting to me. Sometimes I wish I could get back to that, but I love the online book community. 

I also recommend going on Amazon or your preferred ebook seller and looking for free books. I find this shows me books I never would have known about. I download the ones that look interesting to give them a shot. This can also be really helpful to authors if you end up liking the series and purchase more of the books. You can also look at Kindle Unlimited and see if anything piques your interest. 

In the end, it doesn't matter if the book you're reading is a number one bestseller or if you're the only one to have read it. Books are meant to be enjoyed. You should like what you're reading above all else. 

With that said, happy reading! 

P.S.  I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have been in the process of college finals and moving back to Texas. I haven't been able to finish any books. I should be done with one soon though and will update accordingly. Thanks for your support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...