Pages

Monday, February 13, 2023

Review: Ice Planet Honeymoon: Aehako & Kira by Ruby Dixon

 


So I usually read these as bonuses in the pretty new printed versions of the Ice Planet Barbarians series. However, I read Aehako and Kira's book on Kindle Unlimited and the honeymoon was not included so I had to read it separately. For me, the IPB books are comfort reads. The stories tend to be very sweet with happy endings which is what we all need sometimes. As I am currently going through a tough period, I needed something light to lift me out of the deep sadness that I've been sinking into. 

This story follows Aehako and Kira who are pregnant and learning to live in a cave separate from the main cave. I personally really loved their story so it was really nice to revisit. In this, Aehako is very worried about Kira and her pregnancy so they venture back to the main cave to have Kira get checked on by the healer. We of course get to follow along with their honeymoon adventure. 

The spice level on this is mild, it's mostly mushy lovey stuff. It's a fun read if you've already read Kira and Aehako's story and just need some more. For content warnings, there is sexual content, mentions of child loss, and more. StoryGraph has a full list of content reviews are provided by other readers. 

As always, happy reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...