Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

My Favorite Book Stores

 I am an avid book store lover. I mean really I love any place with a lot of books in it. I just like being around books. 

My personal favorite book store is Half Price Books or really any used book store. I like knowing that someone else enjoyed the story before me. Also, the prices are a nice bonus. Getting a huge stack of books for $30 was a great part of my childhood. 

My dad used to take my brother and me to Half Price Books every other weekend when we would go visit him. It was a ritual for us. We'd go get burgers from Phil's Icehouse which is right next to the store we went to and then Amy's ice cream and of course books. I already loved reading, but I think getting to go on those trips really helped to solidify my reading ability. 

I remember walking around that store just felt magical. I would walk around stacking up books in my arms. My dad never had to worry about spending too much because each book was usually about five dollars.  I know that for him, this time was important. He liked watching me grow my brain. Because of my childhood, Half Price Books has a special place in my heart. 

Since coming to college, Half Price Books is not accessible to me and the nearest self-owned bookstore is a Christian bookstore. I then visited Barnes and Noble for the first time. This was to get books for class originally and then I was hooked. I have spent way more paychecks (not actually) there than is healthy for someone with as much student debt as me. 

I enjoy seeing all the new books and special editions at Barnes and I am a rewards member. However, my heart hurts that the books aren't as cheap as Half Price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe

  I picked this book up during the Trans Rights Readathon. I do have a  Youtube video  where I talk about it and my own experience with gend...